I am SO excited for the Advent season. I don’t think I have ever been this excited to prepare for Christmas but because Dieter is now old enough to begin to understand the basic meaning of Christmas (that we celebrate Jesus’ birthday) I get to enjoy the season through the eyes of a child. I made him an Advent calendar that I’m still finishing up and I’ll post once its finished but I thought I would write down the most exciting part of his calendar (at least it’s the most exciting part to me!). Every day we are going to do a different activity. It’s going to take a little prep work for some days but it will make the month of December memorable for both of us.
Making snowballs last winter.
24 Days til Christmas (in no particular oder, yet)
- Buy food and donate to a food shelf.
- Bake Christmas cookies and share!
- Drink hot cocoa and watch “The Snowman”
- Take a Christmas gift to an elderly person from church.
- Make ornaments for the birds (pinecones, peanut butter, birdseed).
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights.
- Build a snowman using styrofoam balls.
- Watch “the Muppets Christmas Carol” and drink apple cider.
- Visit a living nativity.
- Go to the Holidazzle Parade.
- Make a Christmas card for a soldier.
- Decorate ice cream cones to look like Christmas trees (I’m not making the cookie filling even though it looks delish!)
- Go to store and buy a new Christmas book.
- Take the usually dreaded bath time and add bubbles and candlelight.
- Go ice skating (this will be interesting with a 2-year-old!).
- Make Christmas cards for family members.
- Read “Frosty the Snowman” and make sock snowmen.
- Read “If You Gave a Moose a Muffin” and bake muffins.
- Christmas-themed “I Spy” bottle.
- Buy a new outfit for Christmas Day.
- Go to the pet store and look at puppies.
- Play a new game Mommy got for you (I’m thinking Memory or some other toddler-friendly game).
- Leave a yummy Christmas gift for the mailman.
- Buy a toy to donate.
See why I’m excited??
Here’s part two!