I’d like to give myself a little pat on the back because I feel like our dinners this week were pretty darn tasty. I’ve been in a slump and haven’t really felt like putting much effort into prepping meals but I gave myself a little pep talk and perused Pinterest for recipes that accumulate on my “Yummy” board and never get used. Here’s what we ate/are eating this week.
Brats and zucchini with corn and cilantro
- I added some red chile paste to the side dish for some heat as well as a chopped tomato for color.
- Instead of using a chipotle chili in adobo sauce I put in about 1/2 cup of chipotle salsa (Archer Farms) and about a teaspoon of dried chipotle pepper.
- I also added chicken to this dish.
- If you have any veggies you need to use up this is a great dish to add them to, don’t feel like you have to limit yourself to what the recipe calls for!
- My favorite recipe for fish! So flavorful and I bet that even if you don’t like fish you’ll love this dish!
- The rice reminded me a little bit of risotto without all the fuss, so creamy and yummy.
- After reading quite a few of the reviews I decided to add 1 tablespoon of peanut (almond) butter and 1 teaspoon brown sugar. It’s cooking as I write this and smells really yummy. I’m also going to add some carrots and peas about halfway through the cooking to make it a more well-rounded meal.
- Making your own tortillas takes a little bit of practice, especially if you just have a regular sauté pan like I do. But I think the effort really makes it worth it, especially for a treat. I don’t always make my tortillas from scratch but this chicken dish is so yummy with the fresh, warm tortillas.
So as you can tell I had a lot of zucchini to use up! And since I’ve already made two batches of zucchini bread it was time to branch out. Overall, I think we ate pretty well this week and I hope it inspires you to branch out and add some new flavors to your menu.